Mentorship for moms
Our Mentorship program is a faith-based mentoring and the heart to MOMS Canada. It offers single moms additional support through life’s ups and downs. A mentor will walk alongside a mom to offer encouragement, guidance, and accountability and is someone who will “do life with their single mom.” These mentors are not only trained but are also willing to dedicate their time to offer support, friendship, and guidance. The goal of the Mentorship program is to help you build a healthier family for yourself and your children.
If you are in a different city or province and cannot attend our program in person, we offer you to connect virtually, being part of our mentorship program on-line. This will be done by having personal conversations with a matched mentor via Facetime, Zoom, or an agreed upon virtual platform.
If you are interested in learning more about building a relationship with a mentor, please call 780.960.1554 or email the office at [email protected].
Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles: they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not by faint. ~ Isaiah 40:31
MOMS Canada bridges the gap that our social system is unable to fill through our unique focus on mentorship. Healthy mentoring relationships offer flexible and responsive care to moms in need when no other service can.
- You can make a difference in someone’s life.
- You can further your personal growth through nurturing others.
- You will gain a sense of fulfillment as you give back to your community.
- You will have an opportunity to build relationships with fellow mentors and the moms you serve.
- Opportunities to share the hope you have found in your faith.
- One year commitment
- Flexible time commitment
- Attend Empowered MOMS Night program once a month.
- Attend Mentorship meetings once a month for training, support and prayer.
- Opportunities to help with MOMS Canada special events.
- You are a woman with a caring nature.
- You have a sincere desire to reach out to single moms with the love of Christ.
- You possess an ability to work with women with different values and lifestyles.