Support for Single Moms through faith-based mentoring
Do you have a passion for volunteering?
Time and good will to share?
Want to be part of a very meaningful team?
Want to put your faith to work to help others?
Please volunteer with MOMS Canada.
Urgent Volunteer needs:
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Newsletter – need someone to create a newsletter for MOMS Canada 4 times a year.
- Video Creator - someone to create a 2 minute video about MOMS Canada that can be presented at churches.
- Facebook Administrator- someone who can check MOMS facebook page on a daily basis and respond accordingly.
- Activity Finder - Volunteer to help find activities in the area that moms can participate in for free or close to free and also find out if any organizations would support us by offering free tickets to our moms.
- MOMS CONNECT - help with the drop in centre. We are hoping to launch this program in the fall, but we need help. Volunteers can volunteer each time or even just once a month, anything will help. Since this program is just in the development stages, we do not know exactly what it will look like, but any ideas, help, and support would be appreciated.
- Childcare Supervisor – We need someone to head up the KIDS PLAY program while the mom's meet at MOMS CONNECT. This would involve creating a roster of volunteers and watching over the kids as they play.
Office location: Mailing Address:
5600 50 Street, MOMS Canada
Stony Plain, Alberta P.O. Box 5115
T7Z 1P8 Spruce Grove, Alberta T7X 3A2
Allyson Relf, MA
Phone: (780) 960-1554
Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday 10 am-3pm
We would like to put together several teams of volunteers, say in groups of about 5 who would work together and support each other in the volunteer work. This way no one person is on duty all the time and if someone can't make a committment for some reason, another member of their volunteer team would jump in temporarily. Teams that work in special areas and so as a volunteer you would be able to accomodate your own life schedules. Help a little, give a little, working together everyone gains a lot! Feel really good about the volunteer time you give!
MOMS Canada Funding and Funds Usage Charts
MOMS Canada MISSION STATEMENT: TO ASSIST SINGLE PARENT FAMILIES ATTAIN SPIRITUAL, EDUCATIONAL, PERSONAL GROWTH AND ECONOMIC STABILITY THROUGH CHRISTIAN MENTORING AND COORDINATION OF SERVICES THAT PROMOTE THE WELL BEING OF CHILDREN.
The Benevolence Policy states that we endeavor to provide funding in selected areas for clients provided we have the funding. Our program perameters are: the car repair program, grocery and gas cards, furniture and clothing.
Events and get togethers for single moms and their children are part of MOMS Canada Operating expenses.
Program for single moms in Alberta Canada